[whatwg] use cases for untitled article and section elements

Jukka K. Korpela jkorpela at cs.tut.fi
Tue Jan 15 04:05:26 PST 2013

2013-01-15 11:57, Steve Faulkner wrote:

> Can anyone point me to or provide use cases for untitled article and
> section elements?

The example that first comes into my mind is a discussion forum where
contributions (which would appear to match the <article> idea) can be
posted, and are usually posted, without a title of any kind. A
discussion has a title (subject), but individual contributions are
basically just text, though in advanced systems they may contain markup.

> as in who are the potential consumers of document outlines with untitled
> sections?

Oh. That's a different issue. This whole "outline" thing does not look
very realistic. I have not seen much practical interest in it; the
"HTML5 Outliner" add-on in Firefox is one of the few signs of interest,
and it's fairly primitive.

Yucca