[whatwg] Implementation issue: step mismatch handling for <input type=range>

Jonathan Watt jwatt at jwatt.org
Wed Jan 23 05:20:18 PST 2013

On 17/01/2013 20:13, Ian Hickson wrote:
> Fixed, by adding "if there is a number that matches these
> constraints", which means that the value now ends up at 0 and remains
> suffering from a step mismatch.

Regarding this change:

http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=7640&to=7641

For what it's worth the comment was wrong since it contains "<input type=range
value=-1 max=2 step=3>" whereas my example was "<input type=range value=-1 max=1
step=3>". It's only in the latter case (lower max value) that there will be a
step mismatch.

Also, would it be possible in future to have content and formatting changes made
in different commits? Several people I've discussed this change with off list
have complained that having both types of change in this one commit made it
difficult to see what changed, and this is quite a small change (really they
should mention that here themselves).

Thanks,
Jonathan