[whatwg] IRC and WWW integration proposal

Shane Allen shane at snoonet.org
Thu Jan 31 21:40:11 PST 2013

> A protocol attribute for <link> elements would be totally hilarious.
Not if the device is a tablet, or a phone running a browser that supports
it. Need support from a page/article or even a project? Hit a button, and
if the protocol is implemented, you're in the IRC channel able to garnish
that support instantly.

Whether it's IRC. or XMPP the option being there wouldn't be harmful or
detrimental in any way.

http://www.snoonet.org/missions - Our goal is to bring live chat to
subreddits that enable it, why should people have to 'Search' for a live
chat on a page? Why should others that seek what my project is doing have
to rely on an extension when a protocol is easy implementable (whether or
not it's used is on the webdev)

Shane Allen (shane at snoonet.org) - *Network Director*