[whatwg] Namespaces and tag names in the HTML parser

Peter Occil poccil14 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 23:10:25 PDT 2013

> Short of explicitly putting "in the HTML namespace" at every occurrence of
> this, I don't know how to fix this. Putting "in the HTML namespace"
> everywhere is a non-starter, there's something like ten thousand
> occurrences of element names in the spec. (Literally. Ten thousand.)

I don't mean in the entire HTML spec, I only mean within the tree
construction section, and then only where it eliminates ambiguity, such as
"while the current node is not a tr element or an html element", as I stated
previously.  I agree it's silly to include the words "in the HTML namespace"
everywhere in the spec.

(Sorry, I accidentally sent this only to Ian before.)