[whatwg] URL resolution of fragment urls in html5 webapps

Alex Russell slightlyoff at google.com
Wed Jul 10 10:24:42 PDT 2013

hey Igor,

Was just discussing this with Rafael, and it seems like the core issue
you're flagging is that if a document has a <base> element, all #anchor
navigations (which would otherwise be document relative) are now full-page
navigations to the URL specified in the <base>, not the document's
"natural" URL. Is that right?

If so, we might be able give you some control over this in the Navigation
Controller (although it's not currently scoped as many folks didn't want to
contemplate in-document navigation for the time being).

But perhaps we don't need to do that: is the current behavior the same
across browsers? If it's not, we might be able to change the spec. If it
is, it'll be harder.

Regards