[whatwg] Script preloading

Kyle Simpson getify at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 13:20:57 PDT 2013

(being as brief as I possibly can...)

> As per the existing outline, I don't see how it could have any "sensitivity".

So, just to clarify, `<script dependencies=…>` waiting on some other <script> tag is ONLY waiting on that script tag loading to have some sort of positive network result, whether that be a 2xx, 3xx, 4xx, or 5xx, and it cares not whether the script in question actually loaded, nor whether it fired its `onerror` event? Do I have that correct?

> I think you missed the second sentence…

Did I miss some rhetorical levity? Sorry. :)

> That's only your ignorance speaking. There are examples in the repo which you can use to extrapolate examples, or if you a code snippet showing the problem,

I did show a code snippet with the "problem" already.

Specifically: https://gist.github.com/getify/5976429#file-ex2-jaffathecake-js-L54-L68

As I said, I only glanced at your long writeup on Navigation Controller. "Ignorance" is a tiny bit of a pejorative term for my lack of knowledge of some non-trivial you just dropped onto the list right in the middle of lots of other discussion. But I'll take it in a pleasant light and agree, indeed, that I'm ignorant so far of how Navigation Controller can help.

Had it been clear and obvious to me in my initial glances at your document immediately how to address the code problem above, I certainly wouldn't have exposed such ignorance.

In any case…

> either Jake or I can show how NC would address it.

I would certainly appreciate input on that part of the code I highlighted. As I said…

> I look forward to you helping remedy that. :)

--Kyle