[whatwg] Proposal: Adding methods like getElementById and getElementsByTagName to DocumentFragments

James Greene james.m.greene at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 17:51:57 PDT 2013

While I'm not familiar with the spec for DocumentFragments, I've always
consider them to be more equivalent to a detached element node than a
document node.

Keeping that interpretation in mind, adding these methods wouldn't make
sense to me personally.  Unless my understanding is completely off-base and
fragments *are* supposed to be most similar to document nodes, I'd agree
with the earlier suggestion that those who want this functionality should
just add it themselves via JS.

Sincerely,
    James Greene