[whatwg] Fetch: please review!

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Wed Jun 5 05:51:37 PDT 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Janusz Majnert <j.majnert at samsung.com> wrote:
> Why not use just "ASCII encoded string"?

For better or worse, "ASCII" has no real meaning within the web
platform. But yes, introducing a special notation for byte sequences
as you and Simon pointed out is clearly a better way forward here.

> I would refrain from introducing additional definitions just because they
> are also used in some other specs, even if they are related.

What I meant was that we need these two concepts (byte sequences and
strings) to avoid the ambiguity we've had to date with these concepts.
My idea is to eventually represent the same concepts in the same way
across all specifications (which should make them easier to read), so
it does matter I think.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/