[whatwg] Request: Implementing a Geo Location URI Scheme

Rodrigo Polo rodrigo.polo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 05:00:56 PDT 2013

You are completely right, but in the tests I made on Chrome the "geo" URI
handler can't be used with the "registerProtocolHandler" call, it throws a
security error and the use of geo location URI it is not included as a
"recommendation" or "good practice" when we talk about the markup, so it is
not a technical thing, it is more an idea that could be included in further
discussions between web browsers developers, map app developers and the
users so everyone adopt the idea of having the geo URI scheme adopted as an
standard, I'm quite sure this idea can help a lot of users and web
developers to give a better user experience and it is more important that
many other things, it will make the life of users a lot easier.

--
Rodrigo J. Polo
www.rodrigopolo.com