[whatwg] Challenging canvas.supportsContext

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 20 20:39:21 PDT 2013

On 6/20/13 9:40 PM, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> I've suggested that in the past, and the response was that it's harder
> to do (don't recall in which engine, probably WebKit).  It would seem
> pretty weird if the interface appears and disappears from window over
> the life of the page, as WebGL support comes and goes (eg. the driver
> blacklist or system graphics drivers are updated).

Yeah, appearing/disappearing stuff is a no-go.  If we need this state to
change over the lifetime of a page, then it shouldn't be an
object-detection-check, for sure.  In that case we're back to having a
method.

-Boris