[whatwg] Notifications: reviving Notification objects

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Wed May 8 17:15:42 PDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 7:33 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at annevk.nl> wrote:
> 2) Define a method on Navigator, getNotifications(), that returns a
> Future which is resolved with an array of Notification objects. Once
> the Future is resolved, a task is queued to fire a click event on the
> appropriate Notification object in case of B) and C).

I guess if we're getting system messages (as suggested on
public-script-coord), that could also be used here and less likely to
create timing issues.

> There are some further gotchas here. One is how Notifications objects
> should be scoped (and thus what exactly getNotifications()'s Future is
> resolved with). Origin-scoped would be extremely convenient, but it
> seems we still have efforts that support further scoping for
> applications based on the URL path.

I think we should go with origin-scoped until documents get some way
to associate themselves with an "app concept". Maybe the manifest idea
that is floating around?

> The other is how much we need to expose on the Navigation object
> itself so sites can identify it after reviving it. Currently almost
> nothing is exposed, but maybe we should simply expose
> dir/lang/title/body/tag/icon on it.

Opinions?

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/