[whatwg] API to delay the document load event (continued)

Bjoern Hoehrmann derhoermi at gmx.net
Tue May 7 15:12:56 PDT 2013

* James Burke wrote:
>I just joined the mailing list, so I apologize for not continuing the
>existing thread started here:
>
>http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2013-April/039422.html
>
>Disclaimer: I submitted the Mozilla Bugzilla ticket for some kind of
>capability in this area.
>
>Summarizing previous discussion points:

I think it would be helpful if you could phrase these in terms of what
various implementations should do. For instance, Google shows screen-
shots in search results. How should their "take a snapshot" bot work? I
maintain IECapt and CutyCapt; how should they be changed to support the
feature being proposed here? Same question for the Firefox and Firefox-
OS features that motivate creating a new feature here.

Similarily, it would be helpful to approach the problem from the per-
spective of content creators. Let's say you have a website, and any new
visitor gets to see an overlay that "encourages" them to "sign up with
Acme". When would this site signal that it is "ready" for the purposes
I've mentioned? And would all of the implementations cited above wait
for this signal?