[whatwg] HTML differences from HTML4 document updated

Jens O. Meiert jens at meiert.com
Tue May 7 18:36:51 PDT 2013

> I understand the amount of space it takes. I still don't understand what the
> problem is. Is it that people look at the scrollbar and think "oh wow this
> document is too long, I'm not gonna bother reading it at all."? Or something
> else?

That is one scenario which could have an effect on how many people
actually read the document. It is a particular nuisance for print; it
is also one on mobile.

With neither being high per se, I suggest the cost of problem is
higher than the cost of solution, and I thus hope this is worth
addressing.

I don’t have anything else to add :)

--
Jens O. Meiert