[whatwg] Add <input> "Switch" Type

Jonas Sicking jonas at sicking.cc
Tue Nov 19 01:37:07 PST 2013

Realistically speaking, I don't think this will help much at all. Few
websites like using the default styling for form controls anyway and
so people would be just as unhappy with the default switch rendering
as they are with the default checkbox rendering.

The real fix is to allow styling formcontrols. It's one of the most
requested features from web developers, yet no one has taken the time
to research what it would take to do it.

I'm quite sure that if someone comes up with a comprehensive and well
researched proposal, that browsers would jump on it.

And the fact that we now have shadow DOM defined should help a whole lot.

/ Jonas