[whatwg] Notifications: usage feedback

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Tue Nov 19 05:33:04 PST 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Jasper St. Pierre
<jstpierre at mecheye.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at annevk.nl>
> wrote:
>> We currently do not have a way to have events out-of-band for the web.
>
> What about providing a URL that the user-agent will open? If the originating
> tab of the notification is still open, navigate it to there, otherwise open
> it in a new tab?

Could work, but I think we want to go with service workers here. They
seem to be our best bet for telling a site about something happened.
The site can then decide to request for an actual window or some such.

> Clients can use the HTML5 navigation APIs to detect this and take an
> appropriate action.

How exactly?

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/