[whatwg] Add <input> "Switch" Type

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Tue Nov 19 06:39:15 PST 2013

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Domenic Denicola
<domenic at domenicdenicola.com> wrote:
> "Use a toggle switch for binary settings when changes become effective immediately after the user changes them."
>
> "Use a checkbox when the user has to perform extra steps for changes to be effective."

On the other hand, we have these two type of experiences on the web
already and they are not limited to checkboxes. Introducing different
controls for effectively the same action with the only difference
being whether you need to hit submit seems somewhat contrived.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/