[whatwg] Add <input> "Switch" Type

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Tue Nov 19 12:46:48 PST 2013

On Nov 19, 2013, at 1:37 AM, Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc> wrote:

> Realistically speaking, I don't think this will help much at all. Few
> websites like using the default styling for form controls anyway and
> so people would be just as unhappy with the default switch rendering
> as they are with the default checkbox rendering.

Default-styled checkboxes seem to be somewhat more common than default-styled buttons. We also get requests for an easy way to get a switch that uses the native iOS look from time to time, from authors who don't want to replicate the artwork and interactive behavior by hand.

In my opinion, figuring out general styling for all form controls is very useful, but an appearance value to provide a standard switch look and behavior would also be useful.

Regards,
Maciej