[whatwg] Canvas implementors

Michael Norton norto at me.com
Tue Oct 8 05:53:46 PDT 2013

Hello Whatwg,

I am about to submit a request for funding to U.S. to implement a web integrity service to bring a digital spectrometer to the browser market in order to help cohere and decohere device-independent online data assets oft shared among public and private sectors.  Such should be simple enough for everyday users to glean helpful info and awareness while providing researchers across disciplines a more robust tool for their efforts.

It seems that the canvas element could really help make this a reality.  The Editor's Draft I reviewed on the w3c site  this week seems to suggest that text and glyphs generated with accessibility-scale functions would not be able to be easily edited (text) nor cut-and-pasted.  Am I understanding this correctly?  If so, that's a plus for me as the data which would be utilized to populate the digital spectrometer on the front end would be pulled from other sources where editing functionality is authorized.

If you are interested in helping me with this, please reply and I will be happy to provide more details.

Thank you,

M.A. Norton

Sent by the hope boat.