[whatwg] Forms: <input type=file> and directory tree picking

Jonas Sicking jonas at sicking.cc
Wed Oct 2 17:48:21 PDT 2013

On Oct 2, 2013 3:47 PM, "Glenn Maynard" <glenn at zewt.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc> wrote:
>>
>> Though of course you or anyone else is free to propose changes to the
>> spec to improve that situation.
>

> That's what we're doing: suggesting that we expose an API to navigate the
tree.  (I'm not proposing actual APIs for this here, since lots of people
have done that already in the filesystem API threads, but I hope we can
agree that it would be a much better solution.)

Proposals for filesystem is just part of what we need. We also need a way
to expose it through HtMLInputElement. And a way to allow not exposing the
files through .files.

Actually, a filesystem might not even be needed. We could just expose an
asynchronous iterator.

Again, and with extra oomph,  proposals welcome.

/ Jonas