[whatwg] Should onfoo event handler properties be on Element or HTMLElement?

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Tue Oct 8 12:15:20 PDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 8:35 PM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj at opera.com> wrote:
> I don't know anything about the move of those attributes, has it been
> attempted in spec and implementation and run into trouble?

http://dom.spec.whatwg.org/ is the specification, but I don't think
it's been implemented yet. Moving more attributes to be superglobal
probably makes sense, but I feel somewhat hesitant since we haven't
discussed this in detail and thought through the implications.

Given that almost everyone ends up with HTMLElement and to a lesser
extent SVGElement the implications are probably marginal to begin
with...

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/