[whatwg] The behaviour of Notification.requestPermission() in Workers

Andrew Wilson atwilson at google.com
Thu Oct 24 04:42:12 PDT 2013

Agreed with Anne - I don't see the value in exposing a non-functional
requestPermission().

Certainly on Chrome (which only allows invoking requestPermission in the
context of user input to prevent abuse) we would be unlikely to support
requestPermission() from workers, at least unless we decide to change that
behavior.