[whatwg] Zip archives as first-class citizens

Jirka Kosek jirka at kosek.cz
Fri Sep 13 04:31:07 PDT 2013

On 13.9.2013 12:10, Robin Berjon wrote:
> I would rather we figured this out without <link>, but apart from the
> indirection I reckon this approach has some nice properties and might
> work if more direct ones don't.

Also don't forget that while linking is the hardest part of this ZIP
circus there is another missing piece -- normative definition of
portable and RF subset of ZIP. SC34 started some initial work on such
ZIP profile recently:

http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/open/1855.pdf

So if some sort of ZIP packaging spec should to appear then it should
reference such subset of ZIP not the full definition of ZIP format from
PKWare.

				Jirka

  Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka at kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz