[whatwg] Document.title for SVG documents

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 06:11:32 PST 2014

On 05/02/2014 13:24, Simon Pieters wrote:

> Is there a situation in which it is conforming to use html:title
> outside the <head> in a document where the root is html:html? In
> math:annotation-xml?

My reading is yes, and validator.nu at least agrees this is valid

<!DOCTYPE html>
</head>
aaa
<math>
<semantics>
<mi>x</mi>
<annotation-xml encoding="text/html"><title>??</title></annotation-xml>
</semantics>
</math>

but unlike the svg case MathML doesn't have any special requirements
here, and I don't think it would cause problems if any convenient (for
you) behaviour was defined, or this was declared invalid (and for
example the valid content of annotation-xml encoding="text/html" was the
same as that of html <body>)

David