[whatwg] <input type=number> for year input

TAMURA, Kent tkent at google.com
Wed Feb 19 17:34:25 PST 2014

Hi,

The current WebKit/Blink behavior is:
  - Accept both of the ASCII digits and localized digits
  - Accept both of the standard decimal point '.' and a localized decimal
point
  - Not accept grouping separators and don't show grouping separators

We showed grouping separators in the past. But we stopped it because
grouping separators disturb some use cases.
We accepted entering grouping separators in the past. But we stopped it
because users had to know their locale correctly.  e.g. "1,234" has
different meaning in French locale and English locale if we support
grouping separators.

--
TAMURA, Kent
Software Engineer, Google