[whatwg] Proposal: requestBackgroundProcessing()

Ashley Gullen ashley at scirra.com
Thu Feb 20 13:29:47 PST 2014

There's a lot of worker features that aren't widely supported yet, like
rendering to canvas with WebGL and 2D, Web Audio support, inputs, various
APIs like speech and fullscreen, so I don't think that's practical right
now. I guess that's not a reason to standardise a new feature, but is there
not at least a workaround for the mean time? Are workers able to wake the
UI with postMessage()?