[whatwg] Avoiding synchronous iframe load

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Sun Jan 19 06:20:50 PST 2014

On 1/18/14 11:34 PM, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
> Am I correct in assuming that load event never fires for this about:blank page since it’s “both ready for post-load tasks and completely loaded immediately"?

I would think not, since it's a web compat requirement to fire onload
for about:blank iframes and the spec took that into account _somewhere_
last I checked...

> If so, that doesn’t match the existing behaviors of major browser engines.  For example, Firefox logs 1 then 2 in the following example whereas Chrome and Safari log 2 and then 1:
> var iframe = document.createElement('iframe');
> iframe.onload = function () { console.log('2'); }
> document.body.appendChild(iframe);
> console.log('1’);

Just curious: What does IE do?

-Boris