[whatwg] Promise-vending loaded() & ready() methods on various elements

Jake Archibald jaffathecake at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 01:14:37 PDT 2014

On 15 March 2014 00:31, Kyle Simpson <getify at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd say the first syntax is a bit verbose for what I was dreaming 4 years
> ago when I started asking for a simple script preloading mechanism, but
> it's just this side of acceptable. If we have to take the second approach,
> I say that's unacceptably more verbose/complex and falls short of my
> opinion of "everything we need for sane & versitile dependency loading".

It's everything we need but perhaps not everything we desire. Last time we
went round with script loading the proposal for high-level dependency
declaration got weighed down by use-cases that should have been left to
lower level primitives. These are the lower level bits, something higher
level is still possible. For legacy-free project, modules + promises for
non-script assets are the answer.

I updated my examples to deal with no guarantees of script order. A couple
of forEachs were turned to reduces, that was it.