[whatwg] HTML inputs directly toggling CSS classes on elements?

Jonathan Zuckerman j.zuckerman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 06:31:19 PDT 2017

class names are meant to be a tiny wormhole which connects the worlds of
content (HTML), presentation (CSS), and behavior (JS)  - I think this
suggestion begins to widen that rip, and it's inadvisable. It's a question
of taste I guess, just which behaviors are primitive enough to not require
javascript.

As you've proven, this idea is easily implemented in Javascript. If you
were to get an incredible rate of adoption for that script, it might
indicate that there is widespread demand for this feature, and you'd be
able to make a case that it's worth implementing in the browser.