[whatwg] Adding "ipfs" to the safelisted schemes

Domenic Denicola d at domenic.me
Thu Jul 12 08:28:27 PDT 2018

From: whatwg <whatwg-bounces at lists.whatwg.org> On Behalf Of Mathias Rangel Wulff

> In short, I suggest adding "ipfs" to the safelisted schemes provided in the
> HTML specs 8.7.1.3 "Custom scheme handlers: the registerProtocolHandler()
> method"  (
> https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/system-state.html#safelisted-
> scheme)

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, we haven't had much success in getting implementers to update this list. You can see previous attempts at:

* https://github.com/whatwg/html/pull/1829
* https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/2204
* https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/2546
* https://github.com/whatwg/html/pull/3080

Without implementer interest, there's not much we can do on the spec side. Maybe some implementers will see this message and chime in on this mailing list.

Otherwise, you can try getting their attention on their own bug trackers/mailing lists, but some of the above threads indicate that hasn't been too successful either.

Sorry we don't have better news for you :(