[whatwg] Adding "ipfs" to the safelisted schemes

L. David Baron dbaron at dbaron.org
Mon Jul 16 09:35:52 PDT 2018

On Saturday 2018-07-14 21:37 +0200, Mathias Rangel Wulff wrote:
> Hi Domenic
>
> Thank you for getting back to me.
>
> > Without implementer interest, there's not much we can do on the spec
> side.
>
> Is it correctly understood that with "implementers" you refer to the team
> behind each browser implementation? Firefox whitelisted "ipfs" as a safe
> scheme in January 2018:
> https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/c2cb8a06bcf1

I believe this is a different whitelist, related to Web Extensions.
I think the actual list Firefox uses for registerProtocolHandler is
based on the following set of preferences:
https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/search?q=network.protocol-handler.external&path=
by the implementation which I believe lives here:
https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/source/browser/components/feeds/WebContentConverter.js

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,