[whatwg] Using X3D in XHTML documents

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 02:13:00 PDT 2005

On 6/22/05, Matthew Raymond <mattraymond at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Jim Ley wrote:
> > On 6/21/05, Matthew Raymond <mattraymond at earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> >>Matthew Raymond wrote:
> >>   Now that I think about it, wouldn't the following be valid also?...

> > Of course not, there is no X3D element in the above dtd.
>
>    Oh, I see. This was a suggestion in the XHTML 1.0 spec of how
> namespaces MIGHT be used. I guess it's out of date.

It is of course Well-Formed, but it's not valid, you could indeed mix
an XHTML 1.0 or 1.1 document with other elements and use your own dtd
to make it valid (if you felt a need to).  This wouldn't work with
XHTML 2.0 as is currently drafted though as XHTML 2.0 must use a
particular doctype, I imagine that will change though.

Cheers,

Jim.