[html5] Tons of stuff thrown out

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Mon Aug 13 16:59:21 PDT 2007

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, Keryx Web wrote:

> Quoting Hixie on Mollys blog:
>
> Molly: “RELEASE only those features that repair widely agreed upon
> problems”
>
> Ian: — This is already part of the process; we are throwing out the
> parts of the proposed spec that don’t fit this criteria. We’ve already
> thrown out a ton of stuff from the Web Forms 2 part of the spec, for
> instance.
>
> Is there an easy way to see exactly *what* has been "thrown out"?

Not really, but you could look through the "previous versions" and the
diffs listed at the top of:

   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/

...to see the Web Forms 2 spec as it developed -- you'll see some features
appear then disappear later (e.g. type=location).

> Will this alter the idea of not having point releases?

I'm not sure what you mean.