[html5] OGG--Why vs

Robert O'Rourke rob at sanchothefat.com
Thu Dec 13 10:09:39 PST 2007

James Deville wrote:
> Wasn't that the idea with requiring support for OGG?
>
> If not, I like the idea if there is a format that can be agreed on.
>
> JD

Yeah I guess, I'm a late-comer to all this. I wasn't suggesting
requiring support for OGG in particular as Ian pointed out the spec is
open on the subject of which formats vendors choose to support. What I'm
suggesting is that the web browser has a built-in media player that can
be invoked via the HTML. Then you can just add codecs to it like you do
to watch various formats on your PC. For example for I could get the
.mov, .wmv, .rm codecs etc... and the browser would have one front-end
to play them all that I can design and style via HTML and CSS... or
something. Sorry I'm not making myself too clear, just another pipe
dream I think.

-Rob