[html5] dialog

James Craig jcraig at apple.com
Wed Nov 26 14:26:15 PST 2008

On Nov 26, 2008, at 1:53 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, James Craig wrote:
>>
>> No, dialog is intended as the DOM equivalent of a application dialog
>> window; for example, a modal alert window. It refers to the dialog
>> between the user and the application, not the conversational dialog
>> between users.
>
> Actually that's quite the opposite. :-) Could you elaborate on where
> in
> the spec you got this impression? I should definitely clear that up.

I was confused, as I thought the element overlapped ARIA's dialog role
directly. Given that there is a conflict between the two drafts, I've
raised the issue to the PFWG. Hopefully we can come to a
reconciliation; here are the respective links in each of the Editor's
Drafts.

ARIA dialog role
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria/#dialog

HTML5 dialog element