[html5] Author of a quote - how to mark up?

Samer Ziadeh samerziadeh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 16:27:27 PDT 2009

Sorry, it could be used for different use cases, for example if someone
wants to search for a blog post by a certain authors. Like there are many
blogs that have mutliple authors, like tutsplus for example has different
authors. Let's say you wanna read some of the works of this author John Doe,
you would do a search on Google for example "author:John+Doe", and Google in
that case would've already implemented the convention of picking up author
tags. I can see it being useful.

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 19:24, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Sep 2009, Samer Ziadeh wrote:
> >
> > There are more useless elements in the specifications, than this one.
> > The 'author' tag would be used more often than 'ruby', or 'meter' and
> > they made it to the specs.
>
> <ruby> is in because it is already supported by IE and there is enough
> demand from Japan to make the Chrome team add it to Chrome and Safari.
>
> <meter> is in to prevent people from abusing <progress>.
>

> You didn't answer the questions I asked, though:
>
> When would you so retrieve an author?
>
> Would you also ever need to retrieve, say, colour names? Or names of
> ships? Or town names? Or prices? Or mortgage rates?
>
> --

Samer Ziadeh
www.samerziadeh.com

"Let It Be"