[html5] Author of a quote - how to mark up?

Luis-Miguel Rodríguez Rojas lmrodriguezr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 16:57:26 PDT 2009

But, if you're concerned about search-engines (and not human web-readers), I
think it would be better to promote a wider usage of microformats.
Don't you?

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 6:27 PM, Samer Ziadeh <samerziadeh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, it could be used for different use cases, for example if someone
> wants to search for a blog post by a certain authors. Like there are many
> blogs that have mutliple authors, like tutsplus for example has different
> authors. Let's say you wanna read some of the works of this author John Doe,
> you would do a search on Google for example "author:John+Doe", and Google in
> that case would've already implemented the convention of picking up author
> tags. I can see it being useful.
>

> On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 19:24, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 3 Sep 2009, Samer Ziadeh wrote:
>> >
>> > There are more useless elements in the specifications, than this one.
>> > The 'author' tag would be used more often than 'ruby', or 'meter' and
>> > they made it to the specs.
>>
>> <ruby> is in because it is already supported by IE and there is enough
>> demand from Japan to make the Chrome team add it to Chrome and Safari.
>>
>> <meter> is in to prevent people from abusing <progress>.
>>

>> You didn't answer the questions I asked, though:
>>
>> When would you so retrieve an author?
>>
>> Would you also ever need to retrieve, say, colour names? Or names of
>> ships? Or town names? Or prices? Or mortgage rates?
>>
>> --
>> Ian Hickson               U+1047E                )\._.,--....,'``.    fL
>> http://ln.hixie.ch/       U+263A                /,   _.. \   _\  ;`._ ,.
>> Things that are impossible just take longer.   `._.-(,_..'--(,_..'`-.;.'
>>

> --
> Samer Ziadeh
> www.samerziadeh.com
>

> "Let It Be"

Luis M. Rodriguez-R
[http://bioinf.uniandes.edu.co/~miguel/]
Unidad de Bioinformática del Laboratorio de Micología y Fitopatología
Universidad de Los Andes, Colombia
[http://bioinf.uniandes.edu.co]

+ 57 1 3394949 ext 2619
luisrodr at uniandes.edu.co