[html5] Author of a quote - how to mark up?

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Thu Sep 3 17:19:27 PDT 2009

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009, Samer Ziadeh wrote:

> Sorry, it could be used for different use cases, for example if someone
> wants to search for a blog post by a certain authors. Like there are
> many blogs that have mutliple authors, like tutsplus for example has
> different authors. Let's say you wanna read some of the works of this
> author John Doe, you would do a search on Google for example
> "author:John+Doe", and Google in that case would've already implemented
> the convention of picking up author tags. I can see it being useful.

But that would also bring up blogs that just happen to quote that person,
rather than just blogs they've written, no?

Is Google interested in implementing such a feature? Do they think that an
element to do this is a better solution than whatever mechanism they use
now for, for example, determining what date a page is about?