[html5] Alt tag or alike feature to be used for accessability and SEO

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis bhawkeslewis at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 26 05:04:04 PDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Saurabh Jain
<saurabh at skjworld.com> wrote:
> We will like to use Canvas for building an editor which creates
> rich dynamic pages. All data will be encoded in JSON. The final
> output of the editor will be JSON only. A JavaScript file will
> execute this JSON. Therefore we would not be using any other
> HTML tag inside body except for Canvas.

Well, at the moment, I suspect you're best off providing an alternate
interface for people who cannot use "canvas" and linking to it from
the editor page with a normal "a" element. Share as much logic as
possible between the two interfaces.

You might also look at non-"canvas" technologies where the
accessibility story is actually somewhat better though still a
million miles from perfect (e.g. contenteditable, Java, Flash,
Silverlight).

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis