[html5] XHTML5 validator: Polyglot: works as both HTML and XHTML

Henri Sivonen hsivonen at iki.fi
Mon Aug 2 05:15:25 PDT 2010

On Jul 8, 2010, at 08:01, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> On Jul 7, 2010, at 09:45, J David Eisenberg wrote:
>
>> On the page at http://validator.nu/, I'm not sure what this setting is
>> supposed to do.
>
> The polyglot option is there in anticipation of patches that haven't been contributed (yet at least). I should remove the UI since the feature doesn't actually do what it says.
>
> Sorry about the premature addition of the UI.

The UI is now gone.

Sorry about letting the UI ahead of full back end implementation cause confusion for so long.

In case anyone is wondering about the future of the feature: This doesn't change what I have previously said about accepting patches to the back end. However, patches for restoring the UI are now explicitly unwelcome until the back end works.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/