[html5] Autoplay and preload insufficient for proper video playback.

Kevin Carle kcarle at google.com
Fri Aug 27 15:47:05 PDT 2010

To be clear, I should have said "worked properly everywhere".

Chrome's fix is working its way through their trees (I don't think the
release version has it yet). Safari 5, at least, seems to work fine.
FireFox 4 apparently just checked this in (it's not in beta3 _at all_, no
buffered property on video, but I see a 8/19 blog post about it being
added), so it should be in beta 4?

So it's not something I would rely on yet, but it looks like an eventual
solution. In the meantime I might start experimenting with it where it
works.

-Kevin