[html5] sections and tables

webmaster webmaster at tsmchughs.com
Fri Dec 10 13:28:49 PST 2010

On 12/7/10 3:07 PM, Ricardo Tomasi wrote:

> 2010/12/6 webmaster <webmaster at tsmchughs.com
> <mailto:webmaster at tsmchughs.com>>

>> in the document outline. So if I have a <table>, am I stuck using
>> <h2> or <h3> or...? Is there anyway to use <h1> as I do in sections
>> and have the outline work correctly?
>
> In my understanding, nothing inside a table should need to appear in
> the outline. Tables are for tabular data

Consider this table:

http://www.tenmercer.com/menu/dinner

It's tabular data. Each <tbody> represents a different section of the
table. Each has a subheading <h2>. In other pages of this site, as I
update them to html5, I've been replacing <h2> with <h1> and putting the
heading and its related content inside a <section> element. But I cannot
do that with this (or with other, similar, tables). Any suggestions?

--
Brian