[html5] Which attributes can be unquoted?

Tae Sandoval Murgan taecilla at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 11:59:32 PDT 2010

Hello there:

The HTML 4.01 specification describes which attributes can be
unquoted, those are only such contain letters, digits, hyphens,
periods, underscore, and colons[1].  HTML5 spec says: "Attribute
values are a mixture of text and character references, except with the
additional restriction that the text cannot contain an ambiguous
ampersand", so are other characters allowed or the restriction is the
same for HTML 4.01?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my English. I can't confirm if I
wrote the question well.

[1]http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/intro/sgmltut.html#h-3.2.2

--
http://procrastinando.netne.net