[html5] page element?

Nathan Ziarek nziarek at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 06:45:51 PDT 2010

> Yes it does, but I was envisioning that <page> would contain the main area 'seen by the user' (i.e., the wrapper, or whatever you want/used to call it.)  Perhaps <pagewrapper> would be more meaningful and easier to comprehend?

I'm not hung up on the name (although I didn't think <page> worked).

I don't understand how the element adds structural, semantic meaning to the document.

Isn't <body> already the portion of HTML "seen by the user"? What differentiates <pagewrapper> or <content> or whatever this tag might be called from <body>?

nz