[html5] page element?

Patrick Perroud pperroud at overliner.com
Thu Mar 18 07:04:54 PDT 2010

On 18 Mar 2010, at 14:45 , Nathan Ziarek wrote:

> What differentiates <pagewrapper> or <content> or whatever this tag might be called from <body>?

Not much actually since there is only one <body> in a document: you can name a thing a "page" when you can "paginate" the document:  page 1, page 2, etc.

Adding a <page> tag for this would be a kind of loose analogy abuse to me.

But <body> won't do it either since it does'nt hold any ID - there is only one <body> in the document and it's anonymous.

I would assume the <div> element was properly used in this case and if a notion of page was needed then making it something like <div id="page_wrapper"> would be a correct solution.

Much better than creating another kind of content part that would become more or less mandatory soon or later...

Best regards

Patrick Perroud