[html5] page element?

Nathan Ziarek nziarek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 05:05:23 PDT 2010

HTML is not a "multi-page" language. Each file is about a single page. To add a <PAGE> element, no matter the name, would also require you to add new <TITLE> and other <META> elements.

What you are describing is the reason <SECTION> exists. If you don't feel it is a section, then they should each be separate files pulled in via AJAX (that helps with your progressive enhancement as well).

The only reason I've heard for a <PAGE> element that makes sense is the wrapper functionality, and that's a design need, not semantic.

nz