[html5] HTML Content Models

Alastair Campbell ac at alastc.com
Wed Sep 8 14:54:31 PDT 2010

On 8 Sep 2010, at 20:52, Brenton Strine wrote:
> Thanks, but I'm not looking for generic information on HTML5 elements,
> but rather I'm particularly trying to find some help in understanding
> content models (especially flow content).

That's covered in "Introducing HTML5", chapter 2. I'd assume it's covered in HTML5 for Web designers as well, but I haven't read that.

It's not that different, block and inline are (in terminology) replaced by 'flow' and 'phrasing'. Additionally there are 'heading' and 'sectioning' content types that are subsets.

I'm not sure that the content model has much effect apart from default rendering?

-Alastair