[html5] Offline apps

Bjartur Thorlacius svartman95 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 15:12:09 PDT 2011

On 4/9/11, Ilkka Huotari <ilkkah at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok. Thank you.
>
>> but not the actual page itself.
>
> Hmm. Does this mean that pages, that are dynamic, should not ever be
> cached? I mean... if they are cached, this problem can arise where the
> (old version of the) page comes from the cache?

Shouldn't appcached resources be considered stale (as per e.g. HTTP)
if expired? You should be able to recommend storing a local copy of /,
but simultaneously set it to expire shortly - so a newer version will
be preferred when available, but the old copy can be used in spite of
network failure, with a grain of salt w.r.t. freshness*.

* is there a word for up-to-dateity or currentity?