[html5] Offline apps

Martin Gainty mgainty at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 9 18:12:44 PDT 2011

# NETWORK Resources are pages that require the user to be online.
NETWORK:
login.php
/myapi
http://api.twitter.com

#FALLBACK when resource on left is offline serve pages on right
# static.html will be served if main.py is inaccessible
# offline.jpg will be served in place of all images in images/large/
# offline.html will be served in place of all other .html files
FALLBACK:
/main.py /static.html
images/large/ images/offline.jpg
*.html /offline.html

i agree which caching to use can be very confusing

http://www.html5rocks.com/tutorials/appcache/beginner/#toc-manifest-file-creating

hth
Martin Gainty