[html5] <article> for ecommerce product?

aaron miller aaron at bookglutton.com
Wed Jul 20 06:37:18 PDT 2011

I believe <article> should be used in the sense of "an article I'd
like to read" rather than "an article of clothing."

I feel, from having read that part of the spec, that this was the
intent, and I would caution anyone adding language that indicates it
should be used for products or e-commerce items. A new aspect of the
web is content consumption, and <article> addresses an important
existing problem: the difficulty of sifting out content from lists,
navigation, catalogs and other data, so that it can be consumed in
multiple systems.

Aaron Miller
Co-Founder BookGlutton.com/ReadSocial API
Senior Developer, netgalley.com