[html5] Basic question on some html5 tags

TD newstanoor at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 03:37:27 PST 2012

Hi every body,
although I'm an experienced web developer, I'm new at html5 and I'm trying
to improve my skills in it.

I have discovered the following tags: header and footer.

While I understand that these tags help to structure the content of our
pages - which is always a good thing -, I don't really understand their
usefulness.

Is it for accessiblity reasons: is it used by some special software?
Is it for seo reasons: is our content better referenced if we use it?

Are there some other reasons that make it really useful and enough
important to give up old way of structuring code:(<div id="header">, <div
id="footer"> etc ...)

Best regards,
Tanoor.